Selling a home is stressful. There are hundreds of decisions to make and details to take care of. One of the first things you have to consider is your motivation for selling. You may be moving to another area of the country because of a job promotion, because you need quick cash, have a medical emergency, and more. In instances like these, time will be of the essence, so working with a reputable Florida cash home buyer is key.
If you are retiring and downsizing, you are probably willing to wait until you get the price you want. If you have lost your job or are facing a medical crisis and need rapid cash, you may need to sell home fast. Whatever scenario applies to you, you have three basic options when it comes to selling.
First Option: Hire a Real Estate Agent
This is an option for sellers who don’t have a pressing need to sell fast and are willing to wait until they get the offer they want. If you don’t have the time or expertise to market the property and negotiate with sellers on your own, hiring a real estate agent can be an effective strategy.
How does the real estate agent home sales process work?
1. You will need to contact an agent or broker who is familiar with the local market.
2. If you and the agent strike a deal, you will sign a listing agreement. Listing agreements typically run six months.
3. The agent will list your property on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), market the property online, in print media, and with signage.
The agent will present all offers made by prospects and discuss the particulars of the offers with you. Once you agree to sell, you will sign a sales contract. The agent will coordinate the closing as your representative.
4. At closing, you get a check for the sale, and the agent gets a commission. It takes at least 30 days for the closing to occur.
How much does it cost to use a real estate agent to sell my home?
Typically selling agents get 3% of the sale price, and the agent who represents the buyer gets 3%. That means if your home sells for $150,000, the agent, or agents, get $9,000 in commission fees.
You also have to factor in any closing costs and any concessions you give the buyer as well as any repairs or upgrades you made to your house to market it.
1. Experienced real estate agents know the market and can help you get the best price for your house.
2. Agents handle marketing and coordinate the closing for you.
1. You have to pay commissions and closing costs, which cuts into your profits
2. It may take 3 months to a year for your house to sell.
3. Most agents concentrate on selling to owner-occupants. These types of sales are more likely to have financial issues that delay closings.
4. You will most likely have to make cosmetic repairs or rehab your home, which is an added expense and will cause a disruption in your family’s life.
5. You have to keep your home ready for prospective purchasers to tour.
Second Option: Sell It Yourself, For Sale by Owner (FSBO)
This can be an option if you aren’t in a hurry to sell and don’t mind doing all the marketing and negotiating yourself.
How does the process For Sale by Owner home sales process work?
1. You determine how much you want to ask for your house.
2. You take pictures of the property and upload them to real estate websites like Zillow and Trulia.
3. You put a “For Sale By Owner” sign in your yard and handle showings, offers, and all the paperwork yourself.
How much does selling your home by yourself cost?
You will have to pay marketing and closing costs. There will be costs associated with any repairs and upgrades you decide to make.
How long does it take to sell your home without an agent or Realtor?
You should plan on having your home on the market anywhere from 3 months to a year. Most For Sale By Owner houses take longer to sell for the best price than those listed with a Realtor.
Is it possible to get cash for the home sale?
It’s possible, but can be difficult. You may have to spend time doing courthouse research to find buyers who pay cash for properties like yours, and then you may not get the best price for the property.
You will save money by eliminating real estate agent commissions.
1. If you aren’t familiar with selling real estate, you may not be comfortable with the legalities of the process.
2. You cannot expect a rapid sale, which could end up costing you money.
3. You will probably have to make some cosmetic repairs or rehab to entice potential buyers. This takes time and money and will cause disruptions to your family life.
4. You will have to market the property yourself. This includes taking professional-grade pictures. Buyers are more likely to be interested in a property if the online listing includes a virtual tour and drone photography. This may be difficult or impossible for you to do yourself. If you decide to hire a professional to do the work for you, the cost can be substantial.
5. You will have to be prepared to show prospective buyers your home yourself and conduct open houses on your own.
Third Option: Sell It To a Real Estate Investor
This is a good option if selling fast, in as-is condition, without making any repairs or upgrades is your primary motivation. Most sellers have cash in hand in 30 days or less.
How can I sell my home to a cash buyer or cash investor?
1. You contact companies that buy even ugly homes in any condition for cash, like New Leaf Properties, and make an appointment to have a representative come out to your home for an evaluation.
2. The representative will make an offer on your property as it is, and in any condition. You will have time to consider whether or not the offer is acceptable.
3. If you decide to sell, New Leaf Properties will contact a title company that will prepare all the necessary documents and close the sale. You get cash at closing.
How much does it cost to use New Leaf Properties?
There are no commissions associated with companies that buy homes for cash. The offer New Leaf Properties gives you will reflect the top dollar cash value. There are no closing costs and no out of pocket expenses for the seller.
How long does it take to sell my home to a cash investor?
If you accept the offer made quickly, you can have cash in hand in as little as 5 days.
1. You get cash for your home in 5 to 30 days.
2. You don’t have to wait for the buyer to get mortgage approval.
3. You don’t have to worry about relisting your home and putting it back on the market because the buyer can’t get financing approval.
4. You don’t have to deal with real estate agents or pay closing costs.
5. You don’t have to market the property with signs or real estate websites, which is a savings in time and money.
6. You can sell your house in “as is” condition without spending any money on repairs, upgrades, or even clean up. Companies that buy homes for cash usually rehab them and then resell them.
7. You don’t have prospective buyers walking through your house for open houses or contacting you at all hours to ask questions about the property.
8. New Leaf Properties will pay all the closing costs. You have no closing costs.
9. You don’t have any out of pocket expenses.
Who are good candidates for selling to New Leaf Properties?
1. Sellers who need to sell fast instead of waiting 6 months to a year.
2. Sellers who are willing to take top dollar cash value for their property.
3. Sellers who don’t want to make repairs or clean up an old home or have ugly homes.
If you have an old house you need to get rid of and don’t want the hassle of fixing it up to appeal to the maximum number of buyers, you need to contact New Leaf Properties. If you have an “ugly” house or find yourself in an “ugly” situation that requires quick cash and a need to sell home fast, a New Leaf Properties representative will give you a free, no-obligation evaluation. New Leaf Properties happily take ugly homes.
If you don’t want the hassle of negotiating with owner-occupants just to find out they can’t get the financing necessary to go ahead with the deal, you need to give New Leaf Properties a call today. You will get a rapid, confidential, no-obligation, top dollar cash offer on your old house, in any condition, and have cash in hand in as little as 5 days!